Friday, October 03, 2008

Maybe

This scarf caught my eye when I first saw it over at Knitty, but I was not quite sure of when I would knit it. Then the idea of using my hand spun yarn for it flitted through my feeble mind. It danced about from time to time while I treadled, but none seemed right. It turns out, I had possibly already spun the yarn for this scarf. I wound the hank of Warm Wine Corriedale and cast on those fifty-three stitches. I knit twoLaceRibbonProgressBlocked repeats of the chart. This is a bit wider than the pattern stated it would be. No, I did not check gauge, but I did go down in needle size. I was not sure. To be quite honest, I was having a bit where I was unsure of all of my knitting. Then the cowl blocked nicely. (Side note: I had my mom try it on, it looks even better on her, and she agrees that this will be great for her sister.) Anyway, I decided to let the in-progress scarf take a dip in the sink and then pinned it. Yeah, it is definitely wider, but maybe not too wide. What do you think? I think it might be a good knit to carry along and work on when I have time, but not quite have front-burner status.
blog comments powered by Disqus